- == 63. Difficulty ==
- Practice no-action;
- Attend to do-nothing;
- Taste the flavorless,
- Magnify the small,
- Multiply the few,
- Return love for hate.
- Deal with the difficult while it is yet easy;
- Deal with the great while it is yet small;
- The difficult develops naturally from the easy,
- And the great from the small;
- So the sage, by dealing with the small,
- Achieves the great.
- Who finds it easy to promise finds it hard to be trusted;
- Who takes things lightly finds things difficult;
- The sage recognizes difficulty, and so has none.
- -- Original text from the [[Tao Te Ching interpolation]]